Summertime is such a fantastic season to get outside and enjoy the sun, hit the pool, and take fun, family vacations! It’s also a great time of year to take a look at specific areas around your home that might need a little TLC. It can feel like your list of projects to take care of is exhaustive but, if you break down the tasks into monthly and seasonal chores, you’ll be certain to tackle everything on your list with ease and efficiency! Here is our monthly and summertime check list to get you going:
These tasks should be completed every month, as needed!
· Clean faucets and showerheads to remove mineral deposits.
· Test all smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers around your home.
· Unclog sink and tub drains.
· Clean the garbage disposal with hot water and baking soda or use fresh lemons to sanitize and refresh!
· Check that indoor and outdoor air vents aren’t blocked or clogged with debris.
· Inspect electrical cords for damage.
· Clean your furnace filter to remove dust buildups and keep your AC running efficiently.
· Sanitize your washer with a store-bought cleanser.
· Dust ceiling fan blades.
We know it’s hot out there! That’s why most of these home maintenance tips are indoors!
· Clean out your refrigerator, wipe it out with soapy, warm water, and clean drip trays.
· Deep clean and seal tile grout.
· Clean the exhaust fan filter.
· Prune trees and shrubs.
· Inspect the washer and dryer hoses and remove lint.
· Check your dishwasher for leaks.
· Clean baseboards, crown molding, and doors.
· Deep clean and polish furniture- more than just your weekly light dusting!
· Wash windows inside and out.
· Inspect your fencing and repair and re-stain if needed.
What other projects and home maintenance tasks do you like to take care of during the summer months? If you’re looking to move before this summer season is over, take a look at our new home communities in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. We have new homes in Wake Forest, NC and surrounding areas that are perfect for all families!